Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Still surviving

In the building that I used to work when I was still in Denver, the lobby had sveral flower pots and they would change out the flowers several times a year. The most common flower they would have was orchids. When they change out the flowers the people in the building were allowed to take the old flowers. Most of the time the orchids wouldn't survive after, but I have one that did. Well I should say the one I gave my mother is surviving.

I gave it to her about 2 years ago now. Its still doing really well. You have to cut the stems down once the flowers die and drop off. It allows for a better stem and normally more flowers. When I originally got it there were only 4 flowers. Now there are 9, so I would say its doing pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment