Wednesday, August 17, 2011

vibrant quilt project update

With the help of my mother and her quilting supplies, I was able to get MOST of the squares cut out.

I had wanted to do 10inch squares, but since the fabric shrunk a lot more than we thought, I ended up with 9 inch squares. (Well I cut out 9 1/2 inch on each side to allow for sewing.)

I had to cut down two sides to get straight edges and that limited me even more. Sometimes it was just a tiny bit, but other times one side would be so streched out that I lost alot in order to get a straight edge.

The cutting wasn't too bad until the last 7 or so. Then it was a back challenge. I said I cut out MOST of my squares. I calculated it and I need 12 down (to go from top of the bed to the bottom) and 8 across (side to side, not including the border which will make it the length I want on both sides), so that means I need 96. I was able to get 64 from what I had.

There were 8 strips of fabric in each package and I had 4 packages. I now need to get 2 more packages, wash them, iron them, and then cut them out. This is the part of quilting that is NOT so fun for me. Time consuming for me.
The bunch does look so good together. I can't wait to start getting it all together.

I need to hurry up and get the next two packages because they were on clearance when I got them. I found the perfect border fabric too. I will have to try and get a shot of it today and upload it. Oh and this is the blue I originally forgot to picture.

I love the detail on this one.

Anyway I have to get ready for work now. I can't wait for another day off to get some work done on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment