Monday, September 12, 2011

Since I like making things for people I decided to make something for a friend of mine. She is a bit odd, so it looks a little strange maybe, but I think she will like it alot. It reminds my mother of those African tribe teeth necklesses.
I took black round pearls in medium and large sizes, red spear beads, and blood red oval beads.
I used the same wire clamp and wire as the Chinese bead bracelets. I also used the same needle nose pliers, wire clamp pliers, and wire cutters.

-Basically I laided out the beads to find a pattern that I liked. Took me a day to get a pattern using all the beads I wanted. *tip* This is something that you should ALWAYS do ahead of time. Saves a lot of time and anger.
-Take the wire clamp and put that on one end of the wire and then loop the end back through the wire clamp. Tighten the loop to the size you want and then use the clamp pliers to tighten the clamp.
(you can put a lobster clip on if you intend to make the entire neckless out of beads, but I did not just yet)
-Start stringing the beads in the pattern you had decided.  In my case I wanted to do about 9 inches of black beads and red spear beads. I then did the blood red beads and the red spears for the middle section. The remaining half was done the same way with the black beads.

-Once you have finished stringing the beads thread on the clamp and loop the wire threw the clamp to create another loop. Use the clamp pliers clamp down to finish the loop.
 -I choose to not put a clip on the wire loop, but instead to use about 7 inches of chain to link to the loop created. I did this again to the other side. It can make the neckless longer and that was my goal.

-I finally attached the lobster clip to one end of the chain.

I thought it might seem plain and not complete with out earrings.... mostly I always think that. LOL

-I took one red spear and a eye pin and shaped it into a  triangle and then wrapped one end around the top of the triangle.
-I cut a strip of chain 3 inches long and at the bottom attached the red spear eye pin.
-Attach the other end of the chain to the earring.
-Take 4 head pins and 4 of the blood red beads. Take each one and create an eye pin from the tip of the head pin.
-Take 2 of the eye pins and count 3 links up and attach both of the eye pins with the blood red beads.
-Repeat the remaining 2 eye pins and count 3 more links up and attach them both.
-Repeat these steps for the other earring.


I think the pair looks pretty good together. The earrings really seem to complete the over all look.


I hope the tutorial works well for you all and that you will show me your creation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment