Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Starry Night

My friend Sarah was an Art minor in college and she has always been an artist. She sent me a card with Vincent Van Gogh's "Starry Night" on the front and it gave me an idea for my bedroom. People tend to over look their ceiling as a option for projects. Mine is less than great because it has styrofoam balls all over it. However, that did not keep me from doing something for it.

Hobby Lobby has an entire role of cardboard items. I vagely remember them having cardboard stars, which they did. They were 2 for a $1, so I got 15 of them. (I like odd numbers) I painted them a dark metallic blue (took two bottles of it and they were $.97 each). Office Max had a small contairer of white thumb tacks (to match my ceiling) for $2. Took me about a week to paint them all. I did one side at a time so it would be easier to have them dry. I had blue fingers for a while... I always manage to get paint on myself.

Once I had them all painted I randomly hung them and now I have my very own starry night.


No comments:

Post a Comment