Thursday, August 18, 2011

Best Find for a new Knitter

I belong to a book club called Crafter's Choice (check out the website of the same name) and they discount crafting books: scrapbooking, cards, knitting, cooking, painting, quilting, sewing, so on. I saw this book and thought it sounded like it might be a good idea for me. Its called Simple Knitting by Erika Knight.

(Simple Knitting, copyright 2010)
(Check out her website at http://www.erikaknight.co.uk/ for books, and projects and all kinds of fun stuff)

Anyway I got it in the mail the other day and I seriously LOVE this book. I meantioned in the previous entry that I was a begginer knitter and this book is a MUST HAVE for all newbie to knitting. It breaks down 24 different types of stitches and tells you how to create them. Here are some examples:

(Simple Knitting, copyright 2010)

(Simple Knitting, copyright 2010)

(Simple Knitting, copyright 2010)

(Simple Knitting, copyright 2010)
I'm going to make squares of each type (like she has) and just keep practicing them over and over until I get better at them. Plus if I make enough of the squares I can make a neat little afgan out of them.

The book also shows you how to seam things together in several ways. It breaks down how to read directions and to add or subtract based on what you want to use. It gives you all kinds of data on knitting and I LOVE IT! I feel like a little kid on Christmas and I have just gotten the greatest gift ever. (even though I am SO paying for this! hahaha)
Erika Knight has a few other books out and I seriously am considering hunting them down, but for right now I just want to get to practicing... once I finish the baby blanket, or I might never finish!

1 comment: