Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Three Stand Bracelet

So I noticed that I actually never posted this bracelet, which means in my purple classic post you have no idea what I am taking about. The purple pearls I was talking about is being used in THIS project. I am a little slow sometimes!

I wanted to try my hand at multi-stranded bracelets. I used purple pearls, blue/gray beads, and metal beads as individual strands.

Supplies:
-Purple pearls
-Blue/gray sepecaled beads
-Small metal beads
-Clamp beads
-Toogle clasp
-Jump rings
-Bead wire
-Clamp pliers
-Needle nose pliers
-Wire cutters

*tip 1* As always lay out your design first. This will save time dealing with changes and annoyances.
*tip 2* Measure ahead of time for the length needed, especially for bracelets.
*tip 3* When cutting bead wire for desired length be sure to include about 2 to 3 inches to loop back through clamps and beads.
*tip 4* When threading the bead wire back through the clamp bead after attaching one end of the clasps, the loop created can be big or small depending on how tight you pull the wire through. It looks better if you make it as small as possible, but its entirely up to you.

Step 1 - Measure and cut the length of bead wire you will need for the bracelet. *tip 1, 2 and 3*

Step 2 - Take a clamp bead and thread it onto the bead wire. Then loop the bead wire back through the clamp bead. Use the clamp pliers and close the clamp bead. *tip 4*

Step 3 - Thread on the beads in the order that you want. Having done *tip 1* will make this easier.

Step 4 - (This next step is entirely up to you to do or skip it to Step 5. If you do this step, then skip to Step 6 Thread on a clamp bead, making sure that all the beads are tightly together, and use the pliers to close it. (This will keep the beads tightly together and show no gaps when wearing the bracelet. It's easier than trying to thread the wire back through the beads and still keeping them tightly together)

Step 5 - (If you skipped Step 4)  Thread a clamp bead on the wire then thread the wire back through the clamp pulling it tightly to create a small loop at the end. You must be sure to keep the clamp as close to the end bead as possible in order to keep the beads strung tightly together, or you will get gaps when wearing the bracelet. Once you have it correct use the pliers to close the clamp. Thread the wire back through the beads to hide the extra wire.

Step 6 - (If you did Step 5, skip this step) Thread a clamp bead on the wire thread the wire back through the clamp pulling it tightly to create a small loop at the end. Pull the end as close to the last clamp as possible. Use the pliers to close the clamp. Take the wire cutters and cut the remaining wire as close as possible to the clamp you just did.

Step 7 - Repeat Steps 1 through 6 (depends on which last steps you took) for the remaining 2 strand of beads.

Step 8 - Use 3 jump rings to attach each strand of beads to one end of the toogle clasp.

Step 9 - Use 3 jump rings to attach each stand of beads to the other end of the toogle clasp.

Finished!



This was pretty easy, so I am going to try and do one that I twist the beads and one in which I braid them together. I first need to figure out how much longer the strands needs to be. When they get twisted or braided they get scrunched up and it shortens the over all length. This is my next project!

Let me know what you think of this finished project and as always if you make one of your own please let me know! I love to see other people's take on my projects!

1 comment: