Monday, May 21, 2012

Gifts for the Mom of my world!

Been several days since Mother's Day, but I wanted to show you all what I made for the best mother in the world (to me).

Mom had commented several times at Michaels that she liked these "bracket" designs. I took that as a pretty good sign that she would like what I had in mind to make.

I made the purple one first. I used two different size and color beads to act as spacers in between.

 

I did 5 big beads and 4 small seed beads in between each bracket. Makes for a more detailed look.


The brackets require a two wires to keep them flat, so I used a two prong slide in clasp.

I also got another set of "bracket" designs that has butterflies on either side. They are gold and copper, which is mom's favorite color next to blue. I found two very good different types of copper toned beads for the in between spaces.


The beads work great with the brackets. The only bad part of the copper bracelet is the slide clasp doesn't come in any other color, so it stands out.

I think they both worked out great. Mom loved them, so that made my day... as well as hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment