Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pastel Bird

One of the other projects that I wanted to add to my bathroom design was actual birds. (not live ones) The same time I found the bird houses at Michaels I also found wooden birds. I'm going to put them on the counter and shelves, as well as hang them.

I had wanted to paint them like real birds, but real birds are not in pastel colors. They would stand out in darker colors, as would be required if I painted them more like actual birds. I found this out AFTER having done two in more realistic views.




Now the yellow bird can probably still work, as not all of its body is dark. The next one I did will work much better though. Its a very pretty light blue. I thought it seemed a little dull, so I added a few copper dots on its wings. Still works really well.


No comments:

Post a Comment